starBase Pan-Cancer Update: deciphering Pan-Cancer patterns of lncRNAs, ceRNAs, miRNAs and RNA-binding proteins from TCGA 14 cancer typesPosted by lncRNAblog on January 20th, 2014
starBase has been updated to explore Pan-Cancer pattern of lncRNAs, miRNAs, RNA-binding proteins (RBP) and their regulatory networks (ceRNA, coexpression) by mining expression profiles of miRNAs, lncRNAs and mRNAs across 14 cancer types (>6000 samples) from The Cancer Genome Atlas (TCGA) Data Portal (all data available without limitations).
starBase Pan-Cancer analysis is freely available at http://starbase.sysu.edu.cn/panCancer.php
starBase provides the following Pan-Cancer Analysis Services:
1. starBase constructed Pan-Cancer expression profiles of lncRNAs, miRNAs from TCGA RNA-Seq and miRNA-Seq data.
2. starBase generated Pan-Cancer networks of CLIP-Seq experimentally supported miRNA-lncRNA and miRNA-mRNA interactions.
3. starBase identified Pan-Cancer ceRNA networks involving lncRNAs and mRNAs by analyzing >6000 tumor and normal samples and CLIP-Seq suppored miRNA-target interactions.
4. starBase firstly provided Pan-Cancer maps of interactions between RNA-binding proteins (RBPs) and RNAs(lncRNAs, mRNAs).
5. starBase provides interactive BarPlot, ScatterPlot and BoxPlot charts to show the above-mentioned genes and regulatory networks.
This platform will greatly help biologists to explore the impact of lncRNA, miRNA, mRNA, RNA-Binding Protein genes and their regulatory networks on human cancers and other diseases.